Race Clinic Series!
Come lei it on the line at Orono’s newly formed Race Clinic Series (RCS).
To give the event a lighthearted feel don’t forget to don your ugliest Hawaiian t-shirt!
Every two weeks, Trek by Rose Bike Racing, area bike shops and local businesses will help put on the RCS to help you train harder and become a better bike handler. The courses will be designed to appeal to weekend warriors and hot-shots alike.
- Races will take place on a short lap (0.5 to 2 miles) which will be repeated for approximately one hour.
- Costumes and spectators are highly encouraged.
- Each course will be designed with several skills to keep in mind during the RCS
Results will be unofficial and no one will know how many times you got lapped by the ten-year-old riding a unicycle. A well-marked course prevents dropped riders from getting lost. *The best part, it’s FREE! **And for all abilities of rider.
Here is a tentative schedule which includes staging locations, dates, and race themes. Locations, Dates and Times are all subject to change with plenty of advanced notice. KEEP AN EYE ON THIS PAGE
- Week 1 (4-14-2016) Piney Knoll At the end of Penobscot Street. Start time: 5:30
- Week 2 (4-28-16) Old town Behind the elementary school Start time: 5:30
- Week 3 (5-12-16) Newman Hill Off Forest Ave on Grant Road Start time: 5:30
- Week 4 (5-26-16) City Forest At the end of Kittredge Road Start time: 6:00
- Week 5 (6-9-16) Piney Knoll At the end of Penobscot Street Start time: 6:00
- Week 6 (6-23-16) Old town Behind the elementary school Start time:6:00
- Week 7 (7-7-16) CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN 😞… Newman Hill Off Forest Ave on Taylor Road Start time: 6:00
- Start will be at intersection 20, see map here.
- Week 8 (7-21-16) City Forest At the end of Kittredge Road Start time: 6:00
- Week 9 (8/4) Piney Knoll At the end of Penobscot Street Start time: 6:00
- Week 10 (8/18) Cancelled
- Week 11 (9/1) TBA
The links below SHOULD lead you to marked google maps for where to park.