Get out and ride!
Trail and Race news
- We have finished marking a 3 mile intermediate level single track loop on the trails directly behind the University. The loop can be accessed from the Old Town Elementary School and starts on Gateway. Just follow the blue markers with the mountain biker dude on them. Enjoy.
- Speaking of Gateway, we have permission to fix or bridge the huge wet spot there. Keep an eye out for the gnomes working on this project and let them know how much you appreciate their work.
- Two new trails were completed at Dedham/Kiski this spring. One of them climbs up to a great viewing spot! Check out the new Trail Map, download it to your phone, and go ride!
- A new section of trail has been added to the Newman Hill trails. This trail was built to avoid a key heron nesting area as well as the very flooded RR bed.
- BLT has agreed to let us hold some trail days on Walden Preserve. We've asked to trim back those annoying eye gouging branches that have grown in on many of the trails including Van Sickle Pickle, Vernal Detour, Chris's New Trail, Josh's Trail, and Ianazzi's. Stayed tuned for dates. A good turn out would let BLT know that we care about those trails.
- The Race Clinic Series continues every other Thursday. It's a fun and competitive way to check out the different trail systems in our area. More info on the right ---->
- We will continue to work with landowners and improve the trails in our area. Remember, to respect all closed trails and be respectful of all users.
- Many thanks again to all the gnomes and trail helpers. Now Get Out and Ride!